No. The NYSBA is not the official New York Bar and is not responsible for attorney licenses or registration. Please contact the NYS Office of Court Administration (OCA), the official licensing/registration unit: 212.428.2800, or visit www.nycourts.gov
Articles in this section
- Does the licensing body, the NYS Office of Court Administration (OCA), administer bar cards?
- Can the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) verify whether or not an attorney is a member of the New York Bar in good standing?
- As a licensed attorney, how often do I have to pay my NYSBA Membership dues versus my licensing fees?
- Does membership in the NYSBA entitle an attorney to practice in New York?
- Who administers the New York State Bar Exam and determines attorney reciprocity?
- Do you have information on the NYS Bar Exam?