No. Upon admission to the bar, the Appellate Division does not furnish an ID card, nor does New York have bar numbers. However, Secure Pass ID card applications can be picked up at any New York state courthouse and are available to any attorney in order to gain access into New York courthouses.
Articles in this section
- Does the licensing body, the NYS Office of Court Administration (OCA), administer bar cards?
- Can the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) verify whether or not an attorney is a member of the New York Bar in good standing?
- As a licensed attorney, how often do I have to pay my NYSBA Membership dues versus my licensing fees?
- Does membership in the NYSBA entitle an attorney to practice in New York?
- Who administers the New York State Bar Exam and determines attorney reciprocity?
- Do you have information on the NYS Bar Exam?