NYSBA membership dues are voluntary and are paid annually. Licensing fees with the NYS Office of Court Administration (OCA) are mandatory and are paid biennially by all attorneys engaged in the active practice of law. For information regarding NYSBA membership dues, call 800.582.2452. For information regarding OCA licensing fees, call 212.428.2800, or visit www.nycourts.gov
Articles in this section
- Does the licensing body, the NYS Office of Court Administration (OCA), administer bar cards?
- Can the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) verify whether or not an attorney is a member of the New York Bar in good standing?
- As a licensed attorney, how often do I have to pay my NYSBA Membership dues versus my licensing fees?
- Does membership in the NYSBA entitle an attorney to practice in New York?
- Who administers the New York State Bar Exam and determines attorney reciprocity?
- Do you have information on the NYS Bar Exam?